Monday, August 14, 2006

Admiring Clouds




















A permanent canvas exists for me. That is the sky. The clouds generously fill and fix my eyes as they appear as drawings. I'll never forget a magnificent sky picture I saw 15 years ago as I was approaching Las Vegas on a desert road at dusk. The colorful sunset with its clouds wanted to prove that Vegas was nothing but bunches of artificial glitter and shimmer.

Another sky view that took my breath away was in Montana. Against the fainted blue air, thousands of bodies of shiny clouds wanted to break off the bind of the sky and come down to earth. They utterly covered the horizon. The only way I could respond from sitting in a car on a roadtrip was to offer my admirable gaze.

Then, there was the southwest skies in Oklahoma. I remember that every early summer evening, the sky was so beautiful that it inspired a lousy painter like me to paint the sky in a collection of water color.

I once had an assistant at work. Her name was 如雲 (As Clouds).

Those are all in the past. Now my digital camera helps keep some clouds for me. These are some of the recent ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home