Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Firework Spectacle













The three-hour waiting was worthwhile. The firework show above the river in the City Park started around 10 p.m. and lasted almost 30 minutes. I had never watched an entire firework program in such a close distance, nor had I been so focused and relaxed to enjoy a firework night.

Lorraine snuggled and fell asleep in my arms. She was still afraid to watch. Later when she told me that she'd rather watch fireworks during the day, I realized that it might be the darkness of the nightly sky, rather than the high lightness and shiny colors of fireworks, that was too overwhelming and engulfing for her young eyes to gaze.

At numerous moments, I thought the show was coming to an end. Repeatedly, I was delighted that I was wrong. At other points, I was stunned to see that some fireworks were able to display such intense brightness and radiance that would blind my eyes. I believed they were from the newest firework technologies. Finally, while the thundering firework sounds faded out, and the sky regained its color and peace, the viewing crowd on the ground jubilated with deep satisfaction. I thought the cheering and applause were well-deserved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clean Forest said...

Thank you, Mei.
Kit

7/7/06 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the first comment, the writing is really good. I'd watched firework once, and it was indeed very amazing. For each time you think it might be the greatest one, the next one is even better.

8/7/06 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home